We welcome winter in Seattle because we absolutely love showcasing our winter seasonal beers. And yes, we’ve got some delicious brews newly tapped and ready for you!
- Jubelale Winter Ale – Deschutes Brewery, Bend OR – 6.5% ABV. Smelling of spices, hops, fruits and chicory, with nutty, cinnamon and caramel malts in its flavor, the Jubelale from Deschutes Brewery is one of those dark, malty winter ales that you’ll want to drink all season.
- Law of Nature Pale Ale – Everybody’s Brewery, White Salmon WA – 4.8% ABV. Your first sip of this slightly malty, bitter-finish ale is just citrus and malt with the perfect amount of hops.
- Pipeline Porter – Kona Brewing Co., Kona, HI – 5.4%ABV. This is a tasty coffee-infused beer that smells of fresh coffee (of course), malts and a bit of chocolate. Your first sip has a bitter coffee taste, which eases into a nicely balanced hop and malty finish. Yummy!
- Abominable Winter Ale – Fremont Brewing, Seattle WA – 8% ABV. This dark mahogany, “winter warmer” is sure to keep you warm through these chilly nights. Abominable ale is a dark, roasty, chocolaty, malty, well-balanced brew with a perfect hoppy finish.
- Wee Heavy Winter Ale – Hales Brewery, Seattle WA – 6% ABV. This beer is a delicious twist on a traditional Wee Heavy Winter Ale. It has a hoppy and roasted aroma with a little caramel at the finish, and the first taste is also hoppy, but balanced with a slight bitterness and touch of citrus.
- Profanity Hill Porter – Schooner Exact Brewing, Seattle WA – 5.5% ABV. Smelling of malts, chocolate, and a touch of pine, this porter has a blend of malts to create a taste of chocolate and walnuts with fruity notes. A moderate bitterness balances this porter out.
Aside from brews, definitely don’t miss out on our HOT Apple Spiced Cider, Eggnog Latte, Peppermint Hot Cocoa, and our very own signature weekend Bloody Chihuahua (Blue Star’s special take on the classic Bloody Mary). It’s crafted with house-made habañero and garlic-infused vodka, plus 10 other toppings, including a pepperoni straw and a prawn. Stop by for a weekend treat!
Stay tuned for more exciting beverages at the Blue Star!